Become a firestarter for business growth
As a Sales Assistant, you’ll play a hugely important part of our growth strategy. You’ll need to be an exceptional conversation starter, finding the right key people, and demonstrating our ability to change their business for the better. You will have clear targets, and you must be driven and motivated to hit them.
You will use a combination of the phone, LinkedIn, and other online channels such as industry directories, to identify those in charge of digital marketing, who might need a superstar agency to help propel them to dizzy heights. You will qualify them to ensure that we’re a good fit for each other.
You will drive conversations with those qualified individuals, with the single objective of arranging a meeting. In this meeting, you will support and shadow our Managing Director (until trained) in briefing with the client to establish whether or not we can add value to their business, and whether we would like to do business with them.
This will lead to the proposal stage, and you’ll support our sales efforts by preparing the bulk of the proposal from the information gathered. Our Managing Director and/or specialists within the team will help to compile the specific parts of the proposal. You just need to top and tail it, and tie a nice red ribbon around the whole thing.
You will then deliver this proposal insisting that it’s delivered face-to-face in a meeting or via video conference. You will support our Managing Director with this. Presenting gives us the opportunity to discuss the content and to answer any questions that might arise.
You will diligently follow up with the prospect until a decision is made, earning commission on completed sales, and gaining feedback from those that didn’t work out to drive continuous improvement.
Alongside the key responsibilities above, you will maintain a clean and organised database and will maintain and report on our pipeline. You will learn and develop your skills, with the aim of taking on more responsibility away from our Managing Director to progress your career and our performance as a business.
If you’re still reading, we’re looking for someone like you to take on the role of Sales Assistant within our fast-paced agency. You will need to be determined, confident, proactive, enthusiastic, highly-organised, resilient, and an honest problem solver. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and earn, whilst having a lot of fun at the same time.
Are you ready to become an important part of our next growth phase?
Key Skills Required Include:
- Base knowledge of digital and keen to learn more
- Strong organisation and time keeping skills
- Methodical and disciplined at performing tasks
- Self-motivated with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Comfortable with speaking on the phone in an open plan office
- Able to confidently present
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work to, achieve, and surpass targets
- Ability to think fast and creatively to answer/note client questions
- Can clearly report on progress and current activity
- Fast learner, keen to improve, and wants to progress
- Resilient and able to persevere
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying businesses and contacts who we can help and managing database
- Initiating conversations with these prospects and logging communications
- Delivering small snippets of value to prospects to nurture them to;
- Schedule meetings to present our services to clients and to listen carefully to their goals/challenges
- Keeping a thorough record of conversations and meeting notes for the wider team
- Preparing and delivering proposals (with support)
- Following-up on proposals (with support)
- Closing off won deals and achieving agreement
- Updating and maintaining an accurate pipeline
- Reporting to Managing Director on progress towards KPIs
- Training platform and program to advance your skills and value
- Pension scheme (where applicable)
- Flexible working
- Loyalty holiday bonus
- Beat-the-traffic hours
- Office Sonos
- Drinks fridge
- Double lunches when we’re winning
- Perkbox membership
- LOAF (Learn On A Friday) half-day team sessions
- Much more, often unstructured and impulsive