Relationships are important to us, and we like to make sure that we get off to a good start by outlining some of our expectations from the get go. This way, there are no huffs and puffs or nasty surprises.
The following term(s) below shall have the following meaning(s):
“Customer” means the organisation or person who purchases services from the Supplier.
Like any other relationship, we need to establish a level of mutual respect as your digital partner. Here is what we expect from you, and what you can expect from us:
- We use Basecamp for communication. It’s the best way for you to communicate with our team since our whole office uses it to manage projects and to make progress. Phone calls can be forgotten, and emails can be lost when someone jets off on holiday.
- We seek to acknowledge all client requests within two (2) business days when submitted via Basecamp. Resolving the requests might take longer, depending on scope and budget.
- We cannot guarantee a response time when clients submit requests via email, phone, voicemail, or text message. These are all secondary/passive communication channels.
- If the Customer requires an urgent turnaround, please prefix your message with ‘URGENT’. We will seek to respond within three (3) working hours. Please note a minimum charge of £150 will apply as a rush charge in addition to any associated quote. We apply a rush charge to protect our team from everything being urgent. If it’s urgent, we’re here to help. If it’s poor planning on your part, you respect that we will be dropping other work (that doesn’t go away) to help you out.
- The Customer will provide feedback to the Supplier within three (3) business days. If you require a longer turnaround, you should notify us of this within one (1) business day so that we can plan around it.
- We do not charge for client services. Your account manager and client services can be present at a meeting. However, if you would like a designer, technician, or other specialist present in a meeting, we consider this valuable consulting time and we will charge for their time.
- We will not charge travel costs to meetings within 25mi of our office. If the meeting is outside of a 25mi radius, we won’t charge you for travel for the first meeting every six months. Any additional meetings will be charged for travel time (fair is fair!). Planes, trains, buses, boats, and spaceship travel will be charged. Meetings further than 100mi will be charged for travel.
- Specialists within our team are our billable resource. We do not stock products or sell licenses. Occasionally there is confusion about billing when a client calls to request something and then is surprised to receive an invoice. To be clear, if you ask for us to accomplish something for you, we’ll do it and our work is billable.
- We’re glad to provide free estimates for any future projects you’re considering. An estimate is a high-level analysis of how much time it would take for us to plan, design/develop, and test your project, and they usually take a couple hours for us to put together. Because they do not involve in-depth analysis, estimates are non-binding. If you decide to move forward, the final cost may be different from the estimate. Estimates are free.
- We expect a decision maker to be present in all physical meetings where possible to avoid miscommunication. This is especially true when discussing a project, strategy, or contractual agreement. If a decision maker cannot attend, we ask for early notification so that we can rearrange to an appropriate time.
- You can expect the best from us. We’re by no means perfect and we will, occasionally, make mistakes. If there is one thing we know we do well, it’s putting in the extra to make things right.
- We will challenge you. We’re not here to take orders – there are cheaper agencies out there who do this. We’re here to help you solve your challenges and to reach your objectives, and that means becoming passionate about those things and offering a different perspective. If we think you’re blinded/crazy/smart/creative/genius, we’ll tell you.